A minifier removes the comments and unnecessary whitespace from a program. Depending on how the program is written, this can reduce the size by about half. An obfuscator also minifies, but it will also make modifications to the program, changing the names of variables, functions, and members, making the program much harder to understand, and further reducing its size in the bargain.Minification vs Obfuscation
- Why did you make this?
- Not everyone is comfortable with command line interfaces or deployment pipelines. This just makes it easy if you don't have a system set up.
- Do you make a copy of my code?
- No. Code entered into this site is not stored anywhere. The source for this site is on GitHub at gpbmike/refresh-sf.
- August 19, 2014
- May 20, 2014
processImport : false setting for clean-css.
- Add anonymous gist creation button.
- April 17, 2014 (Version 2)
- Covert to UglifyJS 2 and Clean-CSS on Node.js
- Separate frontend from compression API
- Design overhaul
- May 18, 2012
- changed to YUI Compressor 2.4.8
- February 23, 2012
- Concat JS
- Fix CSS linebreak option
- February 18, 2012
- Use Twitter Bootstrap for UI
- Remember options using
- Use name of uploaded/linked file in download name.
- November 28, 2011
- changed to YUI Compressor 2.4.7
- June 13, 2011
- added gzip download option
- April 29, 2011
- changed to YUI compressor 2.4.6
- fixed character encoding on download link
- added label for redirect link
- March 6, 2011
- Added option to add file by URL.
- February 28, 2011
- Finally wrote that cron job to purge old files.
- October 25, 2010
- October 6, 2010
- Added the
multiple attribute to the file input field
- September 3, 2010
- changed to YUI compressor 2.4.4
- April 22, 2010
- Use the php class I wrote for the yui compressor.
- Privacy 'policy'
- December 13, 2009
- Download compressed file.
- May 30, 2009
- jump to output after compression
- upload multiple files
- March 10, 2009
- fix multi-byte character handling. (thanks Alex)
- January 18, 2009
- changed to YUI compressor 2.4.2
- added line-break option
- added verbose option
- November 7, 2008
- changed to YUI Compressor 2.4.1
- added some links to further reading
- fixed utf-8 encoding
- October 7, 2008
- valid HTML markup for kicks
- October 4, 2008
- added error reporting
- escape compressed code
- October 2, 2008
- changed to YUI Compressor 2.3.6
- stopped escaping double quotes
- hide command